Hey Guys! How was your week?
I had a good week and I couldn’t help but noticing all the shops putting up their Christmas decoration preparing for the festive season.
I know its a bit early but I thought why not make mince pies!
You guys will love these mince pies, not only do they taste really good but there 100% gluten, wheat, dairy and sugar free.
Lets do this!
- For Mincemeat
- 100g of raisins
- 100g of sultanas
- 100g of dried cranberries
- 2 apples cored and chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- juice of two oranges
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- For Pastry
- 390g of ground almonds
- 6 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 18 dates (about 390g)
- some olive oil
- Ground almonds for dusting surface
- Place mincemeat ingredients in to a saucepan an simmer for 30 minutes or until apples are soft
- While your waiting for that, preheat your oven to 180°C and get all the crust in ingredients and put them in a food processor until ingredients are blended (about a minute)
- sprinkle ground almonds over your surface and roll the dough until its about half a centimeter thick.
- Grease two 6 hole muffin trays with olive oil and cut holes in to the mix with a 10 cm cutter. Place trays in to your oven with crusts in to your oven and bake for 10 mins or until golden brown
- cut remaining dough in to star shapes wit a star shape cutter
- Add two heaped tablespoons of mincemeat in to each crust and place star on top and bake for another 10 mins
- Remove from oven and leave pies to cool for 20 mins