I know what your thinking, why carrots chips? why not potatoes? well here’s why, would you have a pack of potato crisps with 200 calories or a pack of carrot crisps with 100 calories?
I bet you guys chose the carrot I mean why not? less calories, more fibre and Carrots contain a a compound, almost exclusive to the vegetable, called falcarinol, which is a cancer preventative.
The vegetable also improves vision with its high vitamin A and beta-carotene content, prevents heart disease with its carotenoids, lowers blood cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of stroke, nourishes the skin, helps slow the process of aging, and contributes to dental health.
have I got you interested?
These 3 ingredient carrot chips are so easy to make and taste just like real crisps.
Lest’s start cooking so you can start crunching!
- 4 carrots washed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice carrots in to thin slices about 1 mm thick
- put carrot cuts in to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil
- add other ingredients and mix
- Spread carrots onto 2 baking sheets in a single layer, preventing overlap.
- put the carrots in the oven and bake for about 20 mins but keep an eye out, because depending on how thick you cut the carrots, the cooking time will be different
- Once the carrots begin to brown slightly and curl up is when they are ready. You don’t want to burn them, just to notice a slight discoloration.
- allow carrots to cool before serving