Vegan chocolate truffles are so good I’m not even going to try and explain them.
This recipe shows you how to make tasty 2 ingredient vegan chocolate truffles.
Let’s get started!
2 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Truffles
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 9 ounces (255 g | 1 1/4 cup) vegan dark chocolate, very finely chopped (74% cacao or higher)
- 7 Tbsp (90 ml) light (or full fat) coconut milk, well shaken
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1/4 cup (24 g) unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder, or finely ground hazelnuts (for coating)
- Put coconut milk in to a microwave for 25 sec
- In a separate small mixing bowl, add coconut milk and microwave until very warm but not boiling – about 25 seconds (alternatively, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat until just starting to simmer).
- add coconut milk to chocolate and loosely cover with a cooking lid or towel to trap the heat in. Do not touch for 5 minutes, then lift cover and use a mixing spoon to gently stir, trying not to get air in to the mixture. Continue stirring until completely melted, creamy and smooth.
- If, for some reason, you have unmelted pieces left, you can microwave the mixture in 10-second increments until completely smooth
- Add vanilla at this time and stir (optional).
- Put the mixture in your fridge for 2-3 hours
- Take the mixture out, A good test is dipping a knife into the middle of the bowl to see if any chocolate sticks. If it comes out mostly clean, it’s ready to scoop. If there’s still wet chocolate in the center, continue refrigerating.
- Once chilled and firm, prepare a small dish of cocoa or cacao powder for rolling
- Use a Tablespoon-sized scoop and then gently roll the chocolate into balls with your hands
- Toss in cocoa or cacao powder to coat and shake off excess
- then set on a parchment-lined serving dish. Continue until all chocolate is scooped. There should be about 16 truffles, depending on the size of your scoop.
- Enjoy truffles immediately, or refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight. This allows them to set and firm up.
- Store truffles covered in your fridge