I go to a cafe near me called Sister Sadie and I really enjoy their dishes, I got one of their dishes called “Hummus, Avocado & Eggs”.
I really enjoyed this dish and while I was cycling back to my house I thought why not try and make it myself.
From memory and a little bit of guesswork I tried to recreate their dish and after about half an hour I cracked it!
My version of Sister Sadie’s dish is probably a little bit different but that’s what happens with guess work!
This recipe is great for lunch as it takes only 15 minutes and is really really filling
- 1/2 a cup of hummus
- 2, 1 inch slices of sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- some rocket salad
- chilli flakes (optional)
- bring a pot of water to a simmer
- toast your bread for 5 mins
- poach your two eggs for about 10 mins
- add the hummus and rocket salad to your bread (this part is up to you on how much hummus and rocket salad you add)
- dry poached egg on some kitchen towel
- add on to bread and sprinkle the chilli flakes on to the eggs